Audit and Assurance
Our audits are objective, independent, constructive, and delivered with the least possible disruption to our clients.
Reporting on China and Hong Kong subsidiaries of transnational and listed companies is a key strength. We can assist businesses navigate the rapidly changing landscape in the P.R.C. as Chinese Accounting Standards converge with International Financial Reporting Standards. Together with statutory audits, we offer a comprehensive range of business services in areas specific to the China market for both local and overseas companies.
Initial Public Offers
We have both the experience and capacity to support businesses before, during and after a listing process, whether the listing takes you to the Hong Kong Stock Exchange Main or GEM Boards. Working independently, or in conjunction with our Baker Tilly International offices, we have also assisted Hong Kong and international clients list on overseas stock exchanges.
Cayman Fund Audits
With Hong Kong being a leading asset and wealth management centre, a number of Cayman Island incorporated funds operate from the city. Since the enactment of the Private Funds Bill (2020) and the Mutual Funds (Amendment) Bill (2020) on 7 February 2020, substantially all Cayman Funds are now required to be registered with the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority and submit audited financial statements. We have vast experience in handling the audits of Cayman Funds based in Hong Kong. We work closely with our fund experts from Baker Tilly Cayman Islands (a Cayman Approved Auditor) to deliver the audit in Hong Kong with the expertise needed to meet regulatory requirements in the Cayman Islands.
Multinational Group Audit Engagements
Hong Kong is a popular jurisdiction for incorporating holding companies and this has resulted in a number of multinational groups being based in the city. We handle a significant number of audits of consolidated financial statements of large multinational groups. It requires a high degree of skill and expertise to deliver these challenging group audits seamlessly. We understand the importance of communication in completing group audits effectively within an agreed timetable. We work closely with member firms in the Baker Tilly International network to plan, execute and deliver these challenging audits to level expected of our clients.
What you get from Baker Tilly assurance services:
- Experienced audit teams with core industry focus
- Open communication and pro-active responses to emerging issues
- Reliable input and assurance on your financial statements
- Risk-based approach that includes process and control reviews
- Thorough data analysis using our electronic audit platform for maximum efficiency
Audit and Assurance Services
- Attestation services and forms of reporting
- Auditing in China
- IFRS audits
- Other non-statutory audits
- Cayman fund audits
- Licensed corporation regulated by the Securities and Futures Commission
Other Assurance Services
- Audits in connection with IPO's on the Hong Kong Main Board and GEM markets, and overseas stock exchanges
- Consultation on technical, accounting and financial reporting issues
- Due diligence reviews in Hong Kong and Mainland China
- Special audits in connection with litigation
- Special audits for mergers and acquisitions
- Valuations for purchasers and sellers of businesses
"Many thanks to you and the team for a very smooth and efficient process again this year. It is enormously appreciated."
- Gregor Mckellar, Chief Financial Officer, Angkor Hospital for Children Limited
"I have always been pleased with this firm, for their professional service and thoroughness. I’m confident to say that Baker Tilly Hong Kong has played a pivotal role in the development of the company.”
- John Cheng, Chief Executive Officer, Pak Tak International Limited (2668.HK)